most out of your unit.
Some ideas to simplify your experience:
- For regular users/visitors, a larger unit is recommended (and more convenient for regular use) than one that is packed to capacity.
- Stack all bulky and heavy items/boxes from the back of the unit, with lighter pieces/boxes towards the front of the unit.
- Keep those items that you need to get to most often near the front and close to the door for easy and convenient access.
- Stack similar sized boxes together (with the largest boxes at the back of the unit) to maximise space and allow for walkways.
- Wrap fragile goods individually with bubble wrap.
Do not place any heavy items on sofas or mattresses.
- Clean all cooking equipment to avoid the attraction of pests.
- Refrigerators, freezers, and washing machines must be completely dry and stored with doors open.
- Wipe bicycles and other metal items with a proper agent to prevent rust. The same is suggested for all garden equipment after cleaning.
- Compile an inventory of the content and label boxes on all four sides.
What is not suitable for self-storage?
Any plants, animals, fish or any living creatures. Anything illegally obtained or any goods prohibited by law. Any foods, liquids, or perishable goods. Anything that may cause a fire or may be flammable. Any explosives or radioactive material. Anything that may cause fumes or unpleasant odours. Anything that may in any way cause a nuisance or result in damage to the storage unit or to the premises of Storenet.